We currently offer:
(scroll down for dates of next classes)
Behavior Consults (in person and phone)
Board and Train/Enrichment
Workshops or seminars for your business
Bite Prevention Programs (for business/schools/camps/4-H and more)
Descriptions and Rates:
Private Lessons: This is where the trainer comes to your home. The 4 week program is customized to your individual needs. Lessons run 60-90 min and are designed to cover not only the basics, but to addresses problem behaviors as well. Each 4 week program targets your individual goals for your dog(s). These are ideal for dogs that lack the confidence or social skills to be in a group class or for owners that desire that one on one attention. Great for multi dog households and families too. Handouts for each lesson included. Lessons can be added as needed.
4 week package: $325 (Hilo/Puna)***
Behavior Modification Consult: This is best if you are dealing with specific behavior issues (fear/reactive/guarding/aggression/anxiety or other behavior issues). This 90 min consult is about finding out the 'why' so we can then come up with a prognosis, training plan and what it would take to implement that. Consult includes written report and follow up phone support.
$125 in person*** $80 phone/skype
Single lesson: This is an individual lesson to target a specific behavior. Ideal for issues like house training or jumping where a single behavior is all you need assistance with. Lessons are taught in home or at varied locations as necessary (vet office/park/work place).
*** There is additional travel fee for north of Hakalau/Kona/Waimea/Ocean View areas
Group Classes: These are typically 5-7 dogs held outside in a fenced area. The group classes cover basics like sit, down, come, walking on a leash, wait, drop it and leave it. There is also a small portion on behavior issues like jumping, chewing and nipping. Handouts for each class included.
5 weeks long 1 hour each week $120
Group Classes: Basic manners/CGC: $120 for 5 weeks (see dates below)
Puppy Classes: $85 for 4 weeks
Semi private lessons: Have a friend with a new puppy? Family with a dog that needs training? Don't want to pay full price for privates? Connect with one or 2 friends/family and have a semi private. Max is 3 people, held at your location or mine. Please contact for details/pricing
Board and Train: Typically 4 weeks. Your dog lives at home with me as a member of the family. All basics are taught as well as different levels of socializing. Written training plan and follow up lessons are included. Please contact for details/pricing
Seminars and workshops: We are at Aloha Pawz in Hilo the first Thursday of every month doing seminars. Please Check with the store for up coming topics.
Individual workshops for Loose Leash Walking, Trick Training, House Training and more, are periodically added. Please come back and check website for schedule.
We are available for seminars and workshops at your place, please contact for pricing
Click to set custom HTML
- The Basics/Manners and CGC prep:
- This class covers sit, down, stand, walk on leash, wait, and come. It also covers behavior issues such as jumping, chewing, nipping. Prep work for the Canine Good Citizen Test. Family Friendly training. Children are welcome to participate if supervised by adult. Dog ages: 4 months and up (must have full set of vaccines). See equipment and requirements below.
- Sat. Jan. 11th 1pm-2pm
- Each session is 5 weeks total. One hour each week.
- $120 for all 5 weeks
- Classes held at Bar-King Dog Kennel in Keaau
- Skills workshops: Attend 1, 2 or all 3!!
- $30 per class or all three $75
- Come When Called:
- 1 day only 2:30-4:00pm
- Does your dog listen when you call them? Would they rather chase mongoose and chickens?
- This workshop will give you the tips and tricks to teach your dog a solid recall. Teach your dog to come because they WANT to!!
- Who's Walking Who:
- 1 day only 2:30-4:00 pm
- Loose Leash Walking workshop. Learn some of the fundamental exercises needed to help you have an enjoyable walk with your dog. Learn how to have your dog want to pay attention to you when out and about. Learn and practice techniques to keep your dog from pulling your arm out of socket!! Make walks fun for the both of you!
- Good boy Manners:
1 day only 2:30-4:00pm
Does your dog beg for food? Jump on guests? Get out of control?
This workshop will give you the tools you need to have a well mannered pooch that your family will enjoy being around.
- Trick Dog Class:
- This 4 week class teaches a variety of fun tricks for you and your dog. Your dog will learn to roll over, sit up, wave, crawl, target, paws up and more!
- AKC trick dog titles available!!
- Sunday Oct. Oct 27th
- 4 weeks 1pm- 2pm
- $95 for all 4 weeks
**Seminar at Aloha Pawz
Thursday Nov. 14th 5:00-6:30pm
$15 per person. Sign up at Aloha Pawz store. Space is limited!
Do you worry more about your dog then your in laws at holiday gatherings? Does your dog beg for food? Jump on guests? Get out of control?
This workshop will give you the tools you need to have a well mannered pooch that your family will enjoy being around. Maybe next we will try one for the in-laws... LOL
- Puppy Class:
- Open for puppies that have had a min. of 3 sets of shots with proof required.
- Covers behavior issues like house training, jumping, chewing, nipping and more.
- Intro to manners/behaviors: sit, wait, walking, come
- Handling and socialization exercises
- 4 weeks 5:30-6:30pm
- $85 for all 4 weeks
- Bar-King Dog Kennel, Keaau
- **** You must pre-register for class.
- Dogs must be up to date on shots (provide paperwork) and flea free
- Dogs must be non aggressive to other dogs and people (private lessons available)
Equipment needed for classes:
6 ft leash
dog's food and small treats